100-400 MHz MVMP100X4 MDB001 NSN: 5985-01-452-5851 (1Y00115)
The MVMP100X4 was developed to meet the rigors of military tactical environments and provide reliable communications under the most adverse conditions.
The primary parameters for the design of the MVMP100X4 were as follows:
- Optimum Gain for 100-400 MHz
- Low Profile for Minimum Physical Signature
- Low VSWR (< 2.5:1)
- Survivability in Hostile Environments
- Ground Independence (i.e. to perform on fiberglass as well as metal surfaces)
The radiator is encased in a durable fiberglass radome and attached to the matching base unit by a heavy duty stainless steel coil spring. Both the radiator and base matching unit are pressure filled with a structural thermoset foam for maximum strength. The spring is coated with black nickel and the aluminum base flange is black anodized. The entire antenna is over coated with a matte black two-part urethane.
Optimum performance is achieved when the MDB001 is used with UM002 universal vehicular antenna mount. The antenna is easy to install using the 1/4” stainless steel cap screws (6 ea.) provided with the UM002 mount. The bolt holes are evenly spaced on a 3-1/16” circle. The Type-N Female connector is recessed in the base mounting flange for mechanical and protection from the environment.
UM002 mounting bracket not included.
- Frequency Range: 100-400 MHz
- Gain: Unity
- VSWR: < 2.5:1 Typical
- 3.0:1 Maximum
- Input Impedance: 50 Ω Nominal
- Power: 50 Watts CW & PEP
- Polarization: Vertical
- Radiation Pattern: Azimuth: 360°
- Elevation: 90°
- Input Connector: Type N Female
- Overall Height: 20 in. (0.51 m)
- Net Weight: 4 lb. (1.81 kg)
- Color: Black/Green/Tan/Grey
- Mounting: Six 1/4” (6.35 mm) holes equally
- spaced on a 3 1/16” (77.79 mm)
- diameter circle.