100-400 MHz MVMP100X4AB MDB-002 NSN: 5985-01-412-7074 (1Y00116)
The MVMP100X4AB was developed to meet the rigors of military tactical environments and provide reliable communications under the most adverse conditions.
The MVMP100X4AB also provides increased radiation efficiency in comparison to the MVMP100X4, and is used where minimal physical size is not of paramount importance.
The primary parameters for the design are as follows:
- Optimum Gain for 100-400 MHz
- Low VSWR ( < 2.5:1)
- Survivability in Hostile Environments
- Ground Independence (i.e. to perform on fiberglass as well as metal surfaces)
A radiator element is encased in a durable fiberglass radome and attached to the base matching unit by a heavy duty stainless steel coil spring. Both the radiator and base matching unit are pressure filled with a structural foam for maximum strength. The spring is coated with black oxide and the aluminum base flange is black anodized. The radome, base matching unit and mounting flange are over coated with a matte black two-part urethane.
Optimum performance is realized when the MDB002 is used with UM002 universal vehicular antenna mount. The antenna is easy to install using the (6 ea.) 1/4” S-S cap screws provided with the UM002 mount. The 6 mounting holes are evenly spaced on a 3 1/6” circle. The Type N Female connector is recessed in the base mounting flange for mechanical and environmental protection.
UM002 mounting bracket not included.
- Frequency Range: 100-400 MHz
- Gain: Unity
- VSWR: < 2.5:1 Typical
- 3.5:1 Maximum
- Input Impedance: 50 Ω Nominal
- Power: 50 Watts CW & PEP
- Polarization: Vertical
- Radiation Pattern: Azimuth: 360°
- Elevation: 90°
- Input Connector: Type N Female
- Overall Height: 37 in. (0.94 m)
- Net Weight: 5.25 lb. (2.38 kg)
- Color: Black/Green/Tan/Grey
- Mounting: Six 1/4” (6.35 mm) holes equally
- spaced on a 3 1/16” (77.79 mm)
- diameter circle.